Isn't it interesting how some children, and even teenagers (especially teenagers come to think of it) try to bypass their parents' security systems to make whatever they want to do a reality? Think for a minute. When was the last time you helped out your parents after they grounded you? Exactly! You'll probably sit in your room and glare at the wall for a couple of hours (come on, you know you would so stop lying to yourself). Anyway, usually what will happen, is you'll be nice to them and obey them a lot more than usual around the time of a party, rock concert, or just about anything else exciting that you want to participate in. That, my friend, is the first step to our "angles". Sit back and enjoy as my associates and I unravel the mysteries of "How children bypass their parents' security systems." Oh, and post comments.
So you know what your parents are going to say if you flat out ask them: No. So instead of that, you separate the two, talk to the one who's in a better mood, and begin telling him/her just how amazing what you wanna do is, as well as how much fun the other kids say it is, and how safe and inexpensive the entire deal will be (that is, of course, if it actually is safe and inexpensive.... and if it isn't, you might just tack that on for good measure anyway). You also might ad a little frill on the edge about how some parents are going to be there as well (believe it or not, some parents actually enjoy socializing instead of staying home and doing the laundry). Then, the tricky part. actually asking them if you can go. That involves the right tone, body language, and just the right amount of enthusiasm or else you risk overdoing it. after that, it's a breeze from here to whatever it is you wanted to do in the first place!
--Minja #002
[note] This post is merely intended as an observational example only and not to be used as a guidebook, however tempting that may be. :P
Leave your comments in the comments section of this post so that we can (maybe) use them in our part two section of this discussion.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Haha, so true. I don't know how many times I have talked to the parent in the better mood to get my way.
~Abbi B.
oh oh! when we used to want ice cream, and mom was in a bad mood, we would ask her one after another, 'til she cracked and let us have some. :)
- Rickie
*evil smile*
Hmm.... I don't think this works for me... IDK, as I'm not really a social person...
hey muse of randomness.
like your name ;)
...do we know you?? ',: |
~minja staff
Hahaha, noooo... Sorry if this was private or something... I have a tendency to look around Blogger if I'm bored... Oh crud... I thought I signed it last time I was here... Guess not.
~~Andrea~~
not a social person?! *gasp* Well I am and I'm not so I guess I just contradict myself :P
--#oo2
Yeah, that's definitely contradiction...
Post a Comment